Saturday, May 9, 2009

Our Wedding Weekend

Friday (April 17th) morning, the day of our drive down to Houston, we woke to gray skies and rain. Since we were not smart enough to pack the car the night before, we now had to do so in the pouring rain. My soon to be husband (the thinker that he is) decided to pull his car as close to the front door as possible, so that we could load everything in without getting wet. After a few tries he got the car in its position and we loaded it up. Since it was raining and Coby was in fact parked in the front yard, we now are the proud owners of 4 ruts, from the tires, in the front yard. I’m thankful that none of our neighbors were outside to witness what we were doing.


It poured on everyone the entire way down to Houston; some even had run-ins with hail. Coby and I made it to the hotel and got ready for the rehearsal dinner. We had a great time with our family at a Mexican food place called CafĂ© Adobe. It was really good and the cutest thing ever was the relationship blooming between Madison and Ty. Madison is my honorary niece and Ty is Coby’s nephew. When they first met there was not much interaction, but once they warmed up to each other they were inseparable for the rest of the weekend.

Now, if you had asked me how I imaged my perfect wedding day, it would have included blue skies, lots of sunshine and birds chirping. Those are all things that Houston can offer a blushing spring bride, right? Ha ha yeah right, what I got was rain, rain, rain and more rain.

Everyone kept telling me that rain on your wedding day is good luck, but I thought they were just telling me that to make me feel better that our outside wedding was going to get moved indoors. Come to find out (due to numerous people saying it) rain on your wedding day is in fact good luck and looks like we have TONS of good luck coming our way with this marriage.

My day was spent getting papered with my mom, maid-of-honor and soon to be mother-in-law. We got a

Pedi/massage and went to eat at The Cheesecake Factory (yum!!). Coby and the boys spent the day at Dave & Busters, beer and arcade games are all a man needs. The wedding was at 6:30pm and with an hour left there was no sight of the rain letting up, so a backup plan was put in place and the wedding was going to take place inside. I was upset having it insi

de, but what are you going to do? I think that God decided to take pity on us and the rain stopped with 5 minutes to go before the ceremony started.


I won’t forget walking down my uncle’s grand staircase to see my brother (who I thought was going to cry) and my grandmother, they were both so proud. Then I rounded a pillar and saw my man he too looked like he was going to cry (and almost did). Everything went off without a hitch expect that Madison decided to inform me, while the preacher was talking, that I was getting my dress wet. She was very upset that I was messing up my pretty dress. We spent quite a while taking pictures, eating, and hanging out with our family. When it was time to leave we walked out to a sea of waving pink glow necklaces. My grandmother decided that wearing them on your head was appropriate and

I have to agree it was very becoming of her.

Our families had a great time and loved getting to meet each other, our main goal of the whole ceremony. We then went back to the hotel, where we hung out with everyone till about 2:30 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment