Saturday, May 9, 2009

House Update

Ok so when we last left off Coby and I were waiting to hear back from our first offer that we sent in. We got our response last Monday from the seller and it was a little off the original asking price and he would not pay for the closing costs. Our realtor and his had a long talk that day and she told us that he was not willing to budge on paying closing costs. He had just helped his kids buy a house and didn't want to help anyone else buy one. We also found out that there had also been five other offers ahead of ours, and they all walked away due to the sellers unwillingness to really negotiate.

While we can afford to pay for closing and the down payment, that would put us at the max, and we really didn't want to budge. At the same time we really didn't want a few thousand dollars to stop us from getting the first house of our dreams. We decided to counter back with a lower total price and that we would pay for the closing costs. It took a day to hear back, but the seller accepted our offer and we signed the papers Tuesday afternoon after work. We were both so excited and hurried to set up an inspection so that we could close on time.

Today was the inspection and we were pretty nervous, if there were any major problems and the seller was not willing to pay we were going to have to walk away. After everything we had been through, that was the last thing we wanted to think about. Coby and I followed the inspector around and waited to see what he came up with. In the mean time Coby's parents stopped by to see the house on their way back home from their cruise they had been on the last week. Coby and I were really excited to have someone else see the place and let us know what they thought. 2 hours later the inspection was done and there were only a few minor problems that we amended to have the sellers fix. The spare bathroom had a leak and ruined the vanity so that would need to be replaced, there was some window sealing that needed to be replaced, the roof had metal flashings pulling away from the house that needed to be fixed and the A/C secondary drip pan need to be looked at. All in all, nothing too major and nothing that would make us walk away.

At the moment it looks like we are set to actually close on May 29th!! We are really curious to see if the seller will fix any of the things we sent him. Since he was so set in ways about selling the house, who knows. His Realtor is so fed up with him that she said if our deal didn't go through she was going to walk away and tell him to find a new Realtor. Here is a link of the house and hopefully you will all be able to come and see it once we get it fixed up http://vt.realbiz360.com/Listing-104302.html

No comments:

Post a Comment