Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back to School!

This last week Coby has been finishing up his first year of teacher in service, while I have patiently been waiting to decorate his room. Monday all the teachers got a half day to arrange their classrooms, so I met Coby up at the school and started to help him out. However, on this day I only managed to label his calculators and move a few things around.

Friday was an all day decorating spectacular. I started off my day at Wal-mart, then off to Hobby Lobby and I finished at Mardel's. I wasn't able to find everything I was looking for, I guess if you want classroom decorations you should get them sooner than the Friday before class starts. Mardel looked like a picked off grocery store when a hurrican is about to hit. Coby and I managed to hang a few posters, set up his bulletin board and get his class roster somewhat squared away. Although the biggest success of the day were the cake balls I made the night before!! Coby scored major brownie points with the other math teachers, they all loved my balls. We left around 6:00 pm with still a ton more to do.

Saturday we woke up at 8:30 and headed off to Khols. With this weekend being tax free we didnt want to waste anytime being stuck in crowds, so it was an in and out shopping spree. While we went in for Coby to get some new polos for school, I managed to come away with a new necklace and belt! After that we went to Mardel's (to get posters that they were out of when I went earlier) and Hobby Lobby to pick up some more fabric for another bulliten board. We finished setting up his classroom and I got tons of practice with the copier helping Coby get all of his papers ready. We were the first ones at school and the last ones to leave (6:00 pm to be exact). When we got home Coby spent the rest of the night working on seating charts and other vaious things.

Today Coby finished up a few things and it looks like he is set to go for his first day of school. Tomorrow is be a very eventful and exciting day for him, so be on the lookout for a blog from him about it all soon. Here are a few before and after pictures of his classroom. I didn't have a lot to work with and Coby wasn't interested in having a decorated classroom so this is as good as it gets for now. Enjoy!

Before :After- Left wall when you first walk in
The posters above the chalk board were from the Teacher that previously used this room. They are all people who are famous for math reasons. Coby didn't necessarily want the up, but I did so up they went.

Before: After- Right wall when you first walk in
A close up of his bulletin board. I got homecoming mum ribbon with the school name on it for the border trim!
Before: After-Back wall
The feet prints and all posters on the wall were going to be trashed. So scavenger Coby scooped the up and those were his decorations.

Before: After- Desk area
We needed to cover the tear in the wall so we covered it up to create a fake bulletin board. Also since there are now windows I got Coby a fake tree at Micheal's.







1 comment: