Monday, August 17, 2009

Weekend Wrap-up

This last weekend Coby and I traveled to the flat lands of Lubbock. One of my high school friends was getting married in Floydada, Texas. I have to say that while there was in fact nothing to look at, the drive was not as bad as everyone told us it would be.

Friday afternoon we set off and got to Lubbock around 9:00 pm. We checked into our hotel room and got ready for bed, only to discover that our bed was as hard as a board. I didn't get much sleep and kept waking up with aching pains. Saturday we headed off to Floydada for the wedding. We had to leave the hotel earlier than we wanted too so we ended up needing to find a place to kill some time. With limited options, we settled on a Dollar General in a small town right outside of Lubbock. Coby got some supplies for his classroom and we discovered giant cheetos, so it was a pretty successful stop.

The wedding was wonderful and we are so happy for Chad and Lindsey!! Here are some pictures from the wedding!

Saying "I DO"
All the boys and IChad is a huge fan of Superman
After the wedding we headed to Wichta Falls for a short visit, so we didn't have to drive 5 straight hours again. When we got to Wichita we went to Blake and Amber's to hangout and eat burgers. Sunday we woke up late and went to eat at Samari, only the greatest place on earth. Coby and I wish we could find a place down here with their rice.

Stay tuned for pictures, tomorrow I will be helpping my hubby decoate his classroom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment