Thursday, June 18, 2009

Three Srikes and your OUT!!

So last night we became the summer house keepers for Simba, a 4 month old yellow lab. One of Coby's track buddies (Jarid) is from Canada and needed someone to watch his pup while he went back for the summer. We both had a hard time saying no since Jarid normally watches our babies when we go out of town and Simba is really cute.

Jarid dropped Simba off last night and everything seemed ok, he was just too happy, but what else it to be expected when you put a puppy in a new place with new friends, right? Well as the night progressed Simba still hadn't calmed down, he was running into everything and knocking it over. It seemed like he would find the smallest area to walk through and continue instead of finding an alternate route. We are about to get new furniture delivered and at this point Simba is not proving to be good with furniture of any kind.
STRIKE ONE!

We were informed that Simba was house trained and would let us know when he needed to be let out. So after a little calming down we all settled into bed. I finished watching Sex and the City (my new addiction) and turned the TV off at 11:30pm. It wasn't long before I hear Bevo growling from under the bed, Simba was getting a little too close and Bevo wasn't approveing. I didn't think too much about it until I heard the steady sound of water hitting our floor. I look over to see Simba peeing all over the carpet in our bedroom. After yelling and getting Simba outside, I got the carpet cleaner and began to soak up pee from the floor and on the bed.
STRIKE TWO!!

From that point on I had a hard time sleeping. I thought Simba was suppose to let us know when he needed to go out? From then on whenever I heard the sound of dog tags I was up and looking around making sure there was no more peeing. Finally, I fall asleep around 2am only to awake again at 4 hearding dog tags and saw Simba looking at Coby. I told Coby that we should let him out, but Coby said he just laying down. Not too long after I hear noises like there is something under the bed, which is not too unusual since that is where Bevo sleeps sometimes. Then I hear the sound of fabric tearing and I just know that something is eating our boxsprings. So I yell and go turn on the lights, I was right there was fabric ripping but it wasnt our boxspring it was Simba eating our bedskirt!
STRIKE THREE!!!!

After being at our house for less than 12 hours, we both agreeded that Simba had to go. We feel bad that we cant help out Jarid, but we just got a new house, new furniture and our dogs are finally settled in. Bringing in a new animal will only make things worse and that is something that we are not willing to handle right now. Sorry Simba you are going to back to your old home where Jarid's roommates will take care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment