Last time I posted I was starting out with my first few substitution jobs. Since then I have worked everyday non-stop for the last 6 weeks! I have really come to like most of the students, although some of the other ones I could do without. Like the valedictorian of the sophomore class who decided to steal two sets of completed tests and lie about it. Or the two kids that got in a fight during class, or the kids that call me a bitch under their breath when I ask them to work on their assignment for the day. For every bad kid there are 10 kids that love me. It feels great to walk down the hall and have call out my name and give me hugs. It is also still the highlight of my day when a kid figures out that I am married to Mr. Morrison the math teacher.
Coby and I are also big supporters of the Sam Houston High School football team. We go to every game that we can make, even those in the pouring rain! With so much time spent on those hard bleachers we decided to splurge on something to save our butts. Thanks to our support the Texans won their first district game in the last 7 years!!!
Since it has rained non-stop this last month, Coby has had to give the dogs MANY baths. This last time Coby decided to trim their nails too (something that hardly ever gets done). Well he got a little too close and made KC bleed. After cleaning up the blood on the carpet he fashioned a nice little bandage for KC out of a sock. KC has the best time trying to get it off while walking at the same time. 
Not the greatest picture but you get the point.Our sweet pups have also been digging A LOT!! So much so that the neighbors dogs are in our backyard at least once a day to play with KC and Bevo. To fix this we decided to lock them in our bathroom while we were gone. After tearing up the door we attached a ceiling tile light cover, thinking they would hurt their foot on the rough surface and stop. Well we were wrong and came home to a horror movie scence blood ever where and the door looked even worse. Our next thought was to put them in crates. We got one small and one medium, for free, from our friends. The first day in them went pretty smooth, but then things went downhill fast from there. The 2nd and 3rd day Bevo decided to show us how strong he was by breaking and bending the airplane approved metal door. He also got so anxious in the crate that we would pant non-stop and saok himself. So after destroying that crate we were loaned a 2x4 ft. cage that seems to working wonders. I think that our little Bevo was just claustrophobic. If you ever need a crate dog tested send it our way and we will put Bevo in it for ya!
The spring loaded latch that was welded on the door and to the left middle you can see a gap in the door when Bevo snapped a few other welded pieces.
We traveled to Louisiana one weekend to see Coby's grandfather (who had a stroke about 2 months ago). He is doing good now and we are praying that he will get out of the hospital as soon as possible. We also went one weekend to visit the family in Wichita Falls! Here are some pictures from Ty's soccer games. All those little 4 yr. old boys have one idea what is going on, but it has to feel good to walk off the field and not realise that you lost 20-2 (the 2 were from the other team, THANS!).




This week we preped our house for Halloween!! While we won't be in town that weekend to pass out candy, we still wanted to show our spirirt. Well I did, Coby could have cared less. We carved pumpkins ( a tradition), made ghosts (lineing the walkway) and hung up window decorations.


Here is a close up of my AMAZING pumpkin carving skills. It is also the tradition that I carve the hardest design (Coby doesn't), but mine also wilt the fastest.
Hope you enjoyed the fast forward version and I will make sure to keep on top of my bloging duties!
Hope you enjoyed the fast forward version and I will make sure to keep on top of my bloging duties!

No comments:
Post a Comment